Mountain winter in the Kitzbühel Alps
Winter holiday in St. Johann in Tirol
As winter approaches and ski enthusiasts start to make plans, we recommend holidays in the Kitzbühel Alps for the ultimate in skiing fun! But there’s more to our Alps than just skiing: snowboarders, winter walkers, ski mountaineers and tobogganists can all find plenty of snowy thrills! The area’s attractions includes rustic mountain huts like our Angerer Alm in St. Johann. Our friendly Tyrolean hospitality, high-level yet traditional mountain fare and genuine Alpine charm turns your winter and skiing holiday in Kitzbühel into true winter magic!
St. Johann in Tirol/Oberndorf-Harschbichl ski area
In 2016, Skiresort.de – the world’s most comprehensive online ski resort guide – crowned the ski region the best for slopes up to 60km.
Skiing on the Kitzbüheler Horn
Ski and snowboard holiday right beside the piste of the St. Johanner Bergbahnen ski resort on Kitzbüheler Horn
- Breathtaking views of St. Johann and the Wilder Kaiser
- 21 pistes (10 easy, 9 moderate and 2 challenging downhill runs), 60km of pistes
- 17 cable cars & lifts NEW in St. Johann – gondola and express lifts
- Unique: brand-new Ski Cross Movie Route
- 300m beginners’ snow park: 2-5m jumps, flat, rainbow & up down box
- Skiing lessons with Schischule St. Johann in Tirol
Ski tourings on the Kitzbüheler Horn
- A wide choice of routes for ski touring enthusiasts
Winter walking and snowshoeing in St. Johann
- Enjoy winter walking with over 100km of prepared winter walking trails and see the region’s full beauty though forests and fields, past farmsteads, hamlets and streams.